The season has changed already long ago, but my closet is still full of winter pieces... Perhaps it's better to sit down, have a cup of coffee and make a plan. A while ago I bought the Finnish version of Elika Gibbs' book Practical Princess Perfect Wardrobe (Unelmien vaatehuone). She's a real organizational whizz and wardrobe expert. Kate Moss has said: "Elika is a practical genious..."
Some practical tips to start with:
Go trough your wardrobe and make six piles
- for everyday use
- the precious ones
- "maybe" pile
- needs washing, ironing, repairing
- for another season
When your clothes are hung and organized you are able to see, at a glance, what you have, and crucially don't have.
Get rid of a piece, if
- the details of it are not your style
- it doesn't fit to your body shape
- the colour is unflattering for your complex or hair colour
- it just doesn't feel right
Save it, if
- it's a classic and made of good material
- it fits to you perfectly
- the colour is right for you
- the shape and material are currently in fashion
The more organized one is, the easier one's life becomes!
This is just something to start with. I will definitely come back to this book asap!
ps. there's no coffee in my cup - it's chaga mushroom drink...